Did you know that consuming sustainably helps protect our rainforests?
Every day, we make choices that affect our planet, the climate, our rainforests and other species. What we do matters! There is so much we can do to reduce our footprint on the Earth. Here are a few ideas:
- “Reduce, Reuse, Recycle”: Before buying something, ask yourself if you really need it. If you do, consider buying used products, look for minimal packaging and shipping.
- Cut down on plastic waste by always bringing reusable bags when you shop, avoiding plastic bottles, and products packaged in plastic. Remember, plastic never goes away. Too many animals all killed every year by ingesting plastic or getting tangled up in it & too much oil is used to make it!
- Pay attention to labels.
- Avoid palm oil– too much of it comes from rainforests destroyed to create palm oil plantations.
- Choose Fair trade certified products to support sustainable companies and fair salaries.
- Consider buying organic food (even though it’s a bit more expensive, it keeps harmful pesticides out of our land and water, protects workers, wildlife and you!)
- Drive less. Take a bike, walk (It’s good for your health and for the planet! Our rainforests don’t just protect our climate; a climate change endangers our forests!)
- Consider eating fewer animal products. Animal agriculture is responsible for 91% of the Amazon deforestation, for soil erosion, habitat loss, species extinction, water pollution, dead zones in the ocean and more.